My baby is no longer the same purple thing with orange font it started out to be in June 2003. Thank you all for reading and commenting, and the virtual hugging. Yep I do notice a marked increase in hugs :)
Today started off quite efficiently in terms of assignments. I managed to settle my essay outline and introduction after procrastinating the past two days. Well, ok I did do most of my research the past two days. Managed to get about a third of the essay done.
I was happy enough about it and decided I'd earn a good evening's break.
At four I left the house for a brief sojourn at Orchard DFS. I finally bought my Anna Sui Ring Rouge, but in .800 :) It cost $24, I'd expected $32++And then after dinner, I went to walk around Far East Plaza. For some reason I bought a set of 12 fake nail extensions, though I have an un-opened box over at R's, waiting for me. They were pretty, and at $7.90 with glue. I thought they would be good to wear next week or something.
Went home after that to find dad home from his trip, gf included.
Then in my shower, as I was scrubbing my feet, I realised that my injured toe (from Sol's stomping and some girl who walked straight into me last week) had lost 3/4 of nail. There was no bleeding thankfully, but the flesh was still very tender and red :(
I was wondering what to do until I remembered the nail extensions I'd bought earlier. I recalled that out of the 12 extensions, 2 were too small for my fingernails. So I tried to match one of those two to my toe. Amazingly, the 1st one fit perfectly, and only needed cropping lengthwise.
So I guess, yeah I am thankful that being vain has paid off instead of always leaving me feeling poorer haha :P
Anyway something bad did happen today, other than my poor toe, but I shall hang on to Him and G's advice, and I won't repeat it here. Not because I'm unaffected, but its cos I think I won't be able to go on with my work if I talk about it again.
Old friends like G and R are my most treasured possessions. I think I owe this degree more to them and Rz than to my own hard work. (Yes, there's more to this girl than vanity.)
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20
- 7 June 2006 11:57pm -
No comments:
Post a Comment